Gravity Pepperoni Rolls
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 1 Loaf Of Frozen Bread
- 2 1/4 stick of Pepperoni Cut Up Into Smaller Pieces
- 3 1/4 Cup Of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 1 Tbsp Butter
- 5 1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic (I Used Kosmos Q Garlic Parm Wing Dust)
Char-Griller Ambassador, Steve Dotson of @cookoutcoach shares his Gravity 980 Pepperoni Rolls.
Hey everyone, today we are going to make THE West Virginia classic, pepperoni rolls, and we’re going to do it on the Char-Griller Gravity 980 smoker. If you’re from West Virginia or you’ve driven through, chances are you’ve seen or heard about the pepperoni roll. It’s a simple sandwich that will absolutely bring a smile to any face, and oddly enough, due to some State health codes, it is illegal to sell in some states because it is considered raw meat being cooked inside the bread, something to do with shelf stability. Either way, it is delicious on a cold day, and today I’m going to show you the simple way my mom taught me to make them. I hope you give them a shot and enjoy them. If you do, make sure you let me know what you think of them.
- Knead your bread out flat.
- Cover your bread with the cheese.
- Spread the pepperoni over the cheese evenly.
- Roll the bread up on itself making a neat loaf.
- Place the loaf on a greased up sheet pan.
- Bring the Char-Griller Gravity 980 up to 375 degrees.
- Place the sheet pan on the main grate.
- After 15 minutes apply the butter and garlic to the top of the loaf.
- After an additional 10 minutes, if the loaf is golden brown, remove it from the cooker to cool and serve.