Gravity 980 Margarita Pizza
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 1 can San Marzano peeled tomatoes 28oz, drained
- 2 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 1 lb fresh pizza dough (room temperature; divided into 2 pieces)
- 5 4 oz soppressata (sliced)
- 6 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 7 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 8 10-15 fresh basil leaves
- 9 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced at pat dry
- 10 ½ cup white flour
You don’t need a pizza oven to whip up a delicious margarita pizza. You can cook pizza right in your backyard with our Gravity 980 grill. Grilled to perfection, this pizza is sure to be a fan favorite.
- Empty can of San Marzano tomatoes in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, or your hands, break tomatoes into small pieces. May strain sauce if too watery.
- Add 1 tsp of Kosher salt, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and ½ tsp fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat Gravity 980 to 550˚F. Lightly oil the cooking grate with olive oil prior to cooking with tongs and a paper towel dipped in olive oil.
- Flour prep counter and shape 1/2 of the pizza dough into desired shape for the pizza. Place dough on pizza peel dusted with flour and quickly place dough directly on the grill grate.
- Close the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes. When dough is lightly browned, flip the pizza dough so the grill marked side is up. Top with pizza sauce and cheese. Add the other toppings depending on your preferences.