Flat Iron® Southern Salmon Cakes
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1 can Salmon drained and flaked (You can alternatively use freshly baked Salmon after letting it rest)
- 2 1 cup of Onion (Finely diced)
- 3 1 Tsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 5 1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 6 1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 7 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- 8 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 9 1/4 Cup of Parsley (Minced)
We’re taking you to a nice brunch in the South with an old time recipe sure to make your taste buds sing. These Southern Salmon Cakes are quick to make and can be served with a breakfast stack of pancakes or a side of rice with veggies.
1. Thoroughly pick through flaked salmon and remove all bones.
2. In a large bowl, add the salmon, eggs, onion, Old Bay, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix together.
3. Shape mixture in small 2-3 inch wide patties.
4. Heat Flat Iron® to Medium Heat, adding desired oil amount.
5. Fry each patty for about 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown or desired crispiness.
6. Remove from heat and sprinkle finished product with parsley (For an extra layer of flavor: serve with a dollop of sour cream)
7. Serve warm.