Dr. Pepper Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 4-5 Hrs
- 1 Skinless Pork Belly
- 2 Char-Griller Rib Rub
- 3 Dr. Pepper
- 4 BBQ Sauce
- 5 Brown Sugar
- 6 Butter
- 7 Honey
Dr. Pepper lovers, this recipe is for you. Enjoy a savory and sweet treat with these Dr. Pepper Pork Belly Burnt Ends!
- Cut your pork belly into roughly 1 inch cubes.
- Season them liberally with Char-Griller Rib Rub.
- Place them on wire racks to make things easier for yourself.
- Preheat your Gravity 980 to 275F.
- Place your pork belly in the smoker and let them smoke for roughly 3.5 hours.
- Spritz with Dr. Pepper every 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together your favorite BBQ sauce with one cup of Dr. Pepper.
- After 3.5 hours, toss the pork belly into foil trays and add butter, brown sugar, honey, and one cup Dr. Pepper.
- Cover the trays in foil and place them back on the smoker for another 1-1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, uncover, drain liquid in the tray, and add your Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce and mix.
- Place back on the smoker for another 10 minutes and these are ready to eat!