Cast Iron Skillet Fresh Cut Fries
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 Russet Potatoes: 5 Rinsed & Cleaned
- 2 Salt
- 3 Olive Oil
- 4 Large Cast Iron Skillet
- 5 Lard
Nothing compares to delicious, home-cooked French fries. These Cast Iron Skillet Fresh Cut Fries from Char-Griller Ambassador, James Llorens of Certified.Creole.BBQ will not disappoint!
- Rinse potatoes with cold water and pat dry.
- Slice potatoes into strips, leaving the skin on.
- In a large bowl filled with water and a generous amount of salt, place the fries in and allow to soak for 2-24 hours.
- Remove fries from the salt water mixture and pat dry with paper towels.
- Fill the cast iron skillet with lard.
- Heat up the charcoal side with lump charcoal or the Hybrid Side Burner to 350°.
- Place the fries in the hot lard.
- Fry the fries for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet.
- Drain oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Eat them right away!