Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 Cream Cheese
- 2 Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3 Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Jalapenos
- 5 Ground Venison
- 6 Ground Pork Sausage
- 7 Brisket Trimmings
- 8 Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 9 Smoky/Spicy BBQ Rub
- 10 Sweet BBQ Sauce
If you're a fan of jalapeno poppers, take them to the next level with this Armadillo Egg recipe! An Armadillo egg is a jalapeno popper, covered in meat, and wrapped in bacon, this recipe is sure to be a hit!
- Slice and deseed your jalapenos.
- Combine cream cheese, Monterey jack and cheddar.
- Season cheese mixture heavily with a Smoky/Spicy BBQ rub.
- Stuff your peppers and wrap in about 3 ounces of sausage forming your eggs. I used equal parts Venison, Pork Sausage, and Brisket Trimmings.
- Season your "egg" with additional BBQ rub.
- Wrap in Applewood Smoked Bacon. Add additional rub and get these on the smoker!
- Smoke at 325 for about an hour, depending on how thick your sausage layer is. Internal temperature should be greater than 165 and your bacon should be crispy when ready for the sauce.
- Apply a layer of your favorite sweet BBQ sauce and let the sauce thicken on your egg as it continues cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let your egg rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!