AKORN Auto-Kamado Seasoning Process with @certified.creole.bbq
Seasoning your new grill is always an important part of the BBQ process and is something that should be done whenever you get a new grill. It is a step that you should never overlook or skip. Seasoning your new grill removes contaminants, odor, darkens the cooking grates, and prevents your grill from rusting.
Check out my seasoning process from start to finish, so you can be ready to season your new AKORN Auto-Kamado.
- Open the fan cover.
- Spray the cooking grates and grill hood with cooking spray oil.
- Stack lump charcoal camp fire style with two fire starters and ignite.
- Allow the charcoal to fire up for 5 minutes.
- Add three wood blocks. (I used bourbon wood blocks.)
- Insert the heat deflector and cooking grates.
- Set the damper to setting 2 (D-2).
- Turn on the control panel and set the temperature to 300F.
- Run for 3 hours.
- Shut down grill.
- Now your AKORN Auto-Kamado is ready for BBQ!