Triple-Play Tilapia Tacos
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 Tilapia
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- 3 Lemons
- 4 Limes
- 5 Oranges
- 6 Jalapenos
- 7 Cotija Cheese
- 8 Cream Sauce: Sour Cream, Avocado, Lime Juice and Zest
- 9 Coleslaw: Purple Cabbage, Cilantro, Green Onions, Jalapenos, Lime Juice and Zest
- 10 Favorite Seasonings - We used Spanglish Asadero’s Bold Citrus and Surf & Turf Blends
These Tilapia tacos are loaded with fresh ingredients. These fish tacos are a go-to recipe for family gatherings and always get incredible reviews.
- Light up your charcoal chimney and prep everything else while that's preheating.
- Prepare coleslaw: Finely slice 1 head of purple cabbage and combine in a bowl with cilantro, green onions, and jalapenos. Mix in 1-2 cups store-bought coleslaw dressing and the juice and zest of 1 lime.
- Season your tilapia fillets with your seasoning of choice.
- Slice your lemons, limes, and oranges into rings (these will act as a heat deflector).
- Slice 1 Jalapeno into rings for toppings.
- Prepare the avocado cream sauce by combining 16 oz sour cream with 2 avocados and the juice and zest of 1 lime.
- Add your charcoal to the grill and arrange your citrus rings, so they cover the top rack.
- Place the fish on top of the citrus rings and close the grill.
- Allow the fish to come up to 145*F internal temp or until it flakes away nicely.
- Char your tortillas and build your tacos.
- Tortilla, coleslaw, fish, cream sauce, crumbled cotija cheese, jalapeno ring, and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!!