Sweet & Simple Pork Belly Burnt Ends
- 1 Half of a Whole Pork Belly (5-6lbs)
- 2 1/2 Cup of Seasoning of Choice (I used Meat Church Honey Bacon BBQ)
- 3 8 TBSP Butter (I used Earth Balance Vegan Butter)
- 4 8 TBSP Honey ( I used Desert Creek)
- 5 8 TBSP "Finishing Glaze" (I used Sucklebusters)
- 6 8 TBSP Brown Sugar
A pork belly burnt ends recipe is a staple for anyone looking for an easy appetizer or snack prepared on a smoker. These sweet and simple burnt ends are a perfect sweet and savory combination that will have you and your family craving more.
- Start the smoker/cooker of choice and reach a temperature of 275° F. (I used a Comp Pro Offset)
- Cut the pork belly into 1.5 to 2 inch cubes. Place them on a wire rack for easy adjustments.
- Rub the pork belly with a choice of seasoning.
- Place them on a smoker at 275° for a little over two hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches about 195°.
- Remove from the heat and place them into an aluminum container along with all of the other ingredients.
- After giving it a good mix, cover the container with foil and place it back on the smoker for another 30 minutes or so until the burnt ends begin to glaze over. *Pro Tip: You can vary the duration of the final step depending on how “burnt” you like your ends.