Certified Smoked Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 40 (30 minutes in Fridge) Min | Cook Time: 15 to 20 Min
- 1 2.25 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 2 Sticks of Butter
- 3 1 tsp Salt
- 4 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 5 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 6 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 7 2 Eggs
- 8 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 9 2 Tbsp Milk
- 10 Chocolate Chips (Your Choice with How Much)
- 11 Chopped Pecans (Your Choice How Much)
Cookies on the grill? Yes, you read that correctly. This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from Char-Griller Ambassador James Llorens of Certified Creole BBQ has a smokey twist that makes them addictive.
From James: "I've been making these cookies since I was in my early 20’s, single with no kids and living in Chicago Downtown area. I love cookies and just wanted to make my own. Cookies are one of my favorite go to sweets. Making cookies with my family has turned into family tradition. We make these often throughout the year but always make them a bit more around the Holidays. This time around I took them out to the smoker and glad I did, though they might be to smokey but they were awesome and not smokey at all. They were actually spot on."
2. Sift the flour, salt, & baking powder into a bowl.
3. Pour the butter in a mixing bowl & cream with the white & brown sugars.
4. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla to the creamed sugar & mix.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, beating constantly.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips & pecans.
7. Place the cookie dough in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
10. Place in smoker/grill and smoke for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove the cookies from the smoker/grill and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.