Smoked Caramel Apple Crumb Pie
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 60 Min
- 1 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 One Tablespoon your Favorite BBQ Rub
- 3 One Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 One Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 5 One Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 6 Four Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 7 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 8 One Cup Brown Sugar
- 9 One Cup All Purpose Flour
- 10 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 11 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 12 Six Tablespoons Chopped Butter
End your holiday gathering the right way, with dessert! This Smoked Caramel Apple Crumb Pie is the perfect ending to any holiday meal.
- Peel and thinly slice six Granny Smith Apples and mix them with one tablespoon of your favorite BBQ rub, one tablespoon of Vanilla Extract, one teaspoon of Cinnamon, one teaspoon of Nutmeg, four tablespoons of All Purpose Flour, and 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- Fold the apples into this mixture and then put it into a roll and bake pie crust that has been par-baked at 375 degrees for twenty minutes.
- Blend one cup of Brown Sugar, one cup of All Purpose Flour, 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg, and six tablespoons of Chopped Butter in a food processor to create the crumb topping.
- Load the AKORN® Auto-Kamado™ with charcoal and preheat it to 375 degrees.
- Place three Apple Wood Chunks in the smoker for flavor and place the pie on the grill to cook for 30 minutes.
- Then cover the pie with foil and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the pie and top with Salted Caramel Drizzle while it rests.