Smoked Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- 1 1 Lb Bacon
- 2 2 (8 oz) cans of Water Chestnuts
- 3 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 4 2 Cups Ketchup
- 5 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 7 Toothpicks
Looking for the perfect Holiday appetizer? This easy Smoked Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts recipe from Char-Griller ambassador Bryan Head is quick, easy, and perfect for throwing together right before the party.
1. Prepare AKORN or charcoal grill for 375°F
2. Add mild smoking wood like maple or apple for smoke flavor
3. Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap one slice of bacon around each chestnut. (For sliced water chestnuts, stack them three high, then wrap) Secure the wrap with a toothpick. Arrange the wraps in a foil pan or baking dish
4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard and stir well. Set aside.
5. Bake the wraps with no sauce for 10 to 15 minutes
6. Remove from wraps and drain out 75% of the grease. Keep the rest in pan.
7. Pour the sauce over the wraps. Be sure all wraps are coated well.
8. Bake/Smoke for 30-35 minutes.
9. Serve immediately and enjoy!