Smoked Bacon Truffle Mac and Cheese
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 75 Min
- 1 1 lb. Macaroni
- 2 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Two Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 4 Two Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 One Tablespoon your favorite Cajun/Creole Seasoning
- 6 One Tablespoon your favorite All Purpose Rub
- 7 One 1/2 Tablespoon your favorite BBQ Rub
- 8 One Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 9 One Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 10 One 1/2 Tablespoon Truffle Oil
- 11 1 lb. Medium Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 12 1 lb. Colby Jack Cheese, Grated
- 13 Half Block Cream Cheese
- 14 6 Slices Bacon, Chopped
- 15 Parsley
This simple and quick Smoked Bacon Truffle Mac and Cheese has a delicious flavor and is perfect for any holiday gathering!
- Start by boiling a one pound box of macaroni until al dente.
- Then melt five tablespoons of butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add two tablespoons of all purpose flour to create a rue and whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Slowly stir in two cups of heavy whipping cream and whisk the mixture to blend.
- Add one tablespoon of your favorite Cajun/Creole seasoning, one tablespoon of your favorite All Purpose Rub, one half tablespoon of your favorite Barbecue Rub, one teaspoon of Nutmeg, one teaspoon of Smoked Paprika, one half tablespoon of Truffle Oil, one pound of Grated Medium Cheddar Cheese, and one pound of Colby Jack Cheese and blend well.
- Mix 75 percent of mixture with half a block of Cream Cheese to create a creamy cheese base.
- Add six slices of chopped cooked bacon to the mix and place the cheese mixture in a buttered cast iron skillet.
- In the meantime, load the AKORN® Auto-Kamado™ with charcoal and preheat to 350F. Right before cooking, place a few chunks of your preferred wood on the charcoal basket for smoke.
- Smoke the mac and cheese for 30 minutes.
- Then add the remaining cheese to the top and smoke for another 15 minutes.
- Pull the mac and cheese off the grill and garnish it with parsley.