- - 3 C. bread flour
- - 2 Tsp. salt
- - 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- - 1 Tsp. sugar
- - 1 packet rapid-rising yeast
- - 1 C. water
- - Corn meal, for dusting
- - Tomato sauce
- - Garlic powder
- - Cheese, if desired
- - Toppings of choice
1. In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add water and yeast to the bowl and mix well. Then add sugar, salt and vegetable oil and mix. Add bread flour, 1 C. at a time, and mix until a dough forms. Add water as needed to keep dough from sticking to the sides of the bowl.
2. Remove dough and knead for 1 minute by hand, forming it into a ball. Lightly spray a bowl with cooking spray, add dough ball and lightly spray the top. Cover with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
Note: Dough is enough to make 2 medium pizzas. Cut dough in half, wrap unused portion and refrigerate or freeze for later use.
1. Lightly flour counter. Stretch and work dough by hand, kneading until a 12” circle forms. Transfer dough to a wooden pizza peel lightly dusted with corn meal, to prevent sticking.
2. Pre-heat grill to 450°F. Sprinkle pizza dough with garlic powder. Spoon a layer of tomato sauce in the center and spread around to edges of dough.
3. Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top, if desired. Place other toppings on top of cheese layer.
4. Place pizza on pizza stone and allow pizza to cook for 10-15 minutes with lid closed. Rotate pizza after 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
5. Remove pizza from grill and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friend James Rhoades. Visit his YouTube channel, The Brew-Q for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things Brew & BBQ!