Duck Breast Sandwich
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 Boneless Duck Breast
- 2 Sweet Onion
- 3 French Bread Loaf
- 4 Your Favorite Cheese (I used Truffle Cheddar)
- 5 SPG (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- 6 Baby Arugula
- 7 Homemade Duck Spread - 2tbsp Horseradish sauce, 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2tbsp honey dijon mustard, 2tbsp your favorite hot sauce.
Take your taste buds on a whirlwind with the juiciest bird you’ll ever taste. From the crispy duck skin to the amazing duck fat, this sandwich is top notch!
- Start with the easiest thing to prepare, so it is ready. Combine all duck spread ingredients into a large bowl and whisk thoroughly, then set aside. Prepare your Flat Iron® Griddle for medium heat.
- Next, caramelize/sauté the onions first. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, then set aside.
- Prepare the duck breast by scoring the skin. This will help the fat that's underneath to render to give you that amazing duck fat flavor. Use duck fat spray as a binder and coat generously with your favorite or homemade SPG.
- Over medium-high heat, place the duck breast skin side down first. Cook skin side down for the majority of the cook. You want it golden brown and crispy. Then, flip and cook until you reach an entire temperature of 165. Rest for 5 minutes and slice into strips.
- Cut your French bread into preferred lengths and toast each side in the duck fat. Trust me, it’s worth it.
- Now build your sandwich by putting the duck spread on the bottom bread slice, followed by duck breast, freshly grated cheese of your choice, sautéed onions and baby arugula. Enjoy!