Creamy Smoked Chicken Salad
- 1 Half of a Smoked Chicken
- 2 Brine of choice (I used Meat Church Poultry Marinade)
- 3 (Optional) Binder of choice For Ex. mustard, mayo,etc. (I used chick-fil-a sauce)
- 4 1/2 Cup of Seasoning of Choice (I used Meat Church Holy Voodoo)
- 7 1/2 cup of Chopped Celery
- 8 1/2 cup of Chopped Red Grapes
Chicken salad is a must at any BBQ or family gathering. This creamy and smoked version is a spin on the classic dish, and will have your guests wanting more.
- Preferably the night before, place chicken in a brine and refrigerate for many hours before cooking.
- Start the smoker/cooker of choice and reach a temperature of 300° F. (I used a Comp Pro Offset)
- Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- (Optional) If desired, cover chicken in a binder of choice.*Pro Tip: if you use a binder you may not have to spritz at all.
- Cover the chicken in seasoning of choice. *Pro Tip: Over-indulge if you like a good crust on the skin.
- Place the chicken on a smoker at 300° for a little over three hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches about 170°.
- Remove from the heat and allow the chicken to rest.
- Once the chicken has cooled, remove the meat from the bones and place into a large bowl.
- Discard the bones and anything you wish not to eat, divide the meat in half and place one half into another container for leftovers. (Or double up on everything else for twice the chicken salad!)
- Mix all of the other ingredients into the bowl with the meat and add additional mayo if desired for consistency.