How to Clean a Very Dirty Griddle with the Flat Iron® Griddle Cleaning Kit
Did you just complete a big cook for an entire crowd or maybe you let a few cooks pass without properly cleaning your griddle? In this blog post, we’ll be showing you how to clean your flat top using the Griddle Cleaning Kit!
The Flat Iron® Griddle Cleaning Kit is equipped with a heavy-duty stainless-steel griddle scraper, pumice cleaning bricks and scouring pads.
Following the initial cleaning and seasoning of your Flat Iron®, we recommend applying a coat of oil between each cook to ensure it doesn’t rust.
The Griddle Cleaning Kit is great for giving your Flat Iron® a thorough cleaning, while protecting the surface and ensuring it continues improving with each cook.
The Griddle Cleaning Kit for Severe Build Up on Your Cook Top
- After using your griddle, while it is still hot, put on heat resistant gloves. Add water to the cooktop. Once it heats up, it will help to lift any stuck-on food and grime, making it easier to clean.
- Using the griddle scraper, remove any leftover food debris. Simply scrape it into the pull-out grease drawer for easy collection and clean up.
- For tough grime left over, we . They can be used on both a hot or cold surface and are super effective at getting your griddle sleek and clean, while keeping that coveted seasoning intact. The cleaning bricks are also perfect to use if your griddle begins to rust after improper care. Simply scrub down the entire surface with it, focusing on stuck-on food, grease and grime.
- Wipe off all debris with a paper towel or cloth and be sure to oil before storing.
The Griddle Cleaning Kit for General Use After Every Cook
- After your griddle has cooled down, use the griddle scraper to remove any food residue on the surface. If there is any stubborn, stuck-on food, add water while the griddle is still warm. Scrape the food into the pull-out grease drawer for easy clean up.
- Wipe the surface with a paper towel or cloth.
- Using the scouring pad, gently scrub the surface to pick up any grime left behind. It works on both wet and dry . The scouring pad is more effective than a sponge because of its coarse texture, allowing it to fight tough grease and food.
- Wipe the surface clean and dry it off.
- Be sure to apply oil prior to storing.