How to Adjust the Temperature on the AKORN® Auto-Kamado™ Charcoal Grill
The AKORN® Auto-Kamado™ makes changing the temperature on your grill easy! From manually managing the temperature on the grill, or using the ease of use Char-Griller® app , you are only a few steps away from perfect grilling.
1. Press Grill Temperature Button.
2. Adjust desired temperature target by rotating Control Knob (max 700°F).
3. Press Control Knob to select desired grill temperature target.
4. Suggested Damper setting will blink for 5 seconds, set damper notch to the corresponding number.
How to Adjust the Temperature of your AKORN® Auto-Kamado™ on the Char-Griller® App
Pairing the Grill with a Smart Device:
NOTE: This is NOT required for basic operation.
- Download the Char-Griller® app from the App Store (Apple or Google Play). For more information about the App, supported devices, and more - go to CharGriller.com/akorn/app-support.
- After installation is completed, open the App.
- Go to Settings page
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Select “Akorn-XXXX” from List. Pairing is complete
- Go to Setting page
- Click on WIFI
- Select preferred WIFI network from list
How Long It Takes To Get To Desired Temperatures
BE PATIENT. The AKORN® Auto-Kamado™ is a highly efficient design, position the fuel source directly in the firebox, and require minimal airflow. This design is sensitive to the activation of the charcoal. Always season your grill before first use.
Smoking at 200-250 degrees takes around 20-30 minutes to reach desired temperature.
Grilling at 255-350 degrees takes around 15-20 minutes to reach desired temperatures.
Bake at 355-450 degrees takes around 20-30 minutes to reach desired temperatures.
Sear at 555-700 degrees takes around 15-20 minutes.
NOTE: You will be able to go from low to high temperatures, but not high temperatures to low temperatures.