Smoked Turkey Breast
- 1 1 Turkey Breast (Thawed)
- 2 10-12 Cups of cold water
- 3 1/2 Cup of Kosher Salt
- 4 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 5 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder
- 7 1 Tbsp of Paprika
- 8 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 9 1 Tbsp of Ground Black pepper
- 10 1/2 Tbsp of Seasoning Salt
Not just reserved as an option at your local deli, Smoked Turkey Breast is likely much more flavorful and personal when you prepare it in your own smoker right at home.
- Mix all the brine ingredients (2-4) in a large container. Submerge the turkey breast and allow it to marinate for 8 hours up to overnight.
- Remove from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. You may refrigerate for an extra 2 hours to allow skin to completely dry.
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F. Coat the exterior of your turkey with the olive oil before massaging in the rest of the seasonings and spices ingredients (5-10).
- Add the turkey to the smoker, breast side up. Smoke until the internal temp reaches about 150°F. This should take about 2 hours.
- Increase the temperature to about 500-550°F for about 5 minutes to allow skin to crisp up until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Allow the turkey to rest for 20-30 minutes before carving. Enjoy!