Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 10 Hrs
- 1 10 ½ lb. beef brisket
- 2 ½ C. paprika
- 3 ¼ C. packed light brown sugar
- 4 3 Tbsp. salt
- 5 3 Tbsp. coarse black pepper
- 6 3 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 7 Apple juice
- 8 Water
1. Using a sharp knife, trim the fat from the brisket leaving an even, thin layer on the top.
2. In a medium bowl, combine paprika, light brown sugar, Chili powder, salt and pepper and mix well to make rub seasoning. Using your hands, or a shaker, generously apply rub all over.
3. Wrap the brisket in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
4. When setting up the grill, add wood chips/chunks to charcoal and add Smokin’ Stone with an aluminum pan on top. Pour apple juice and water into pan, about halfway full. Place a temperature probe at grate level and heat grill to 220°F.
5. Place brisket on grates, fat side up, and allow to smoke for 5 hours. After 5 hours, wrap brisket in butcher paper and return to grill at 220°F. Brisket is done when internal temperature reaches 195°F. Allow brisket to rest for 1 hour.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friend James Rhoades. Visit his YouTube channel, The Brew-Q for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things Brew & BBQ!