Gravity 980 Smoked Ribs
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 1 Rack of Baby Back Ribs
- 2 1 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar or Apple Juice
- 3 1/4 Cup of Water
- 4 Olive oil
- 5 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 6 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder
- 7 1 Tbsp of Paprika
- 8 1 Tsp of Cumin
- 9 Kosher Salt
- 10 Black Pepper
Accomplish mouthwatering ribs in half the effort with the Gravity 980. Go low n’ slow for the perfect baby backs and turn all of your attention to the taste and flavor of your food.
- Combine all seasonings in a small bowl.
- Combine water and apple cider/juice in a spray bottle.
- After removing the membrane from your ribs and patting dry, rub your seasoning into the meat with your hands.
- Remove the fire shutter from your Gravity 980, load the hopper then light it and set the temperature to 225-250°F.
- Place the ribs on the rack with the meat facing up. Smoke for 3 hours without opening the lid.
- Spritz the ribs generously with the apple/water mixture every hour until ribs reach desired doneness. Optionally, for the 3-2-1 method, after the first 3 hours, wrap the ribs then return to the smoker for 2 hours before unwrapping and smoking for 1 additional hour.
- Glaze the ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce and return to the Gravity for 20 minutes.
- Glaze one more time and smoked for 10 more minutes.
- Allow the ribs to rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!