BBQ Smoked Hot Dogs
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 Hot dogs
- 2 1 Sliced onion optional
- 3 3 Garlic cloves optional
- 4 ½ tbsp black pepper
- 5 1 tbsp salt
- 6 2 ½ paprika
- 7 ½ garlic powder
- 8 ½ tbsp onion powder
- 9 1 tbsp cumin
- 10 hot dog buns
Hot dogs, arguably one of the most American cookout foods that exist, are getting a little makeover with this recipe. Smoking your dog will add extra flavor that is sure to make your guests happy.
- Add cherrywood, applewood, or oakwood chips to the smoker (or your preference).
- Fill the water pan, optionally adding garlic or onion slices for aroma.
- Place the water pan back into the smoker, and preheat the smoker to 225°F.
- Add dry rub seasoning onto a plate, and roll the hot dogs in it until completely covered.
- Place hot dogs in a smoke rack.
- If the smoker maintained a 225°F temperature for 20 minutes, put in the rack with the hot dogs.
- Cook for an hour, until hot dogs are thoroughly cooked, or have an internal temperature of 155°F.