How to Clean the AKORN® Auto-Kamado™ Charcoal Grill
Cleaning is important to ensure long lasting a grill time on your AKORN® Auto-Kamado™! By using these few steps not only can you ensure a clean. safe grilling experience, but you can also extend the life of your AKORN® Auto-Kamado™ for years.
FINISH UP• When you are finished grilling, clean your grates with the Char-Griller® Grate Scrape, Bristle Free Brush, or 3-in-1 Grill Brush and then lightly coat your grates with flaxseed or other food grade oil.
• Next close the lid, damper and fan cover allowing the fire to suffocate.
• Wait until coals and ash have completely cooled before attempting to clean up or remove.
• Wait until the fire is completely extinguished and the grill is cool to the touch before emptying the ashes.
• Brush out the fire bowl and give the charcoal grate a firm tap to loosen any ash that may be stuck.
• Unlatch the ash pan on both sides of the grill, push it up and bring it towards you to remove.
• Dump the ashes in a metal container and cover with water to ensure there are no lit coals, then you can dispose of the ashes.
• Extend the life of your grill by using a Char-Griller® custom fit grill cover to protect it from the elements.
• Weather resistant polyester material protects against birds, dust, wind, rain and snow.
With this tried and true three step method, you will be able to ensure your grill quality. Using the 3-1 brush you can scrub away hard to get grease. Cleaning up the coal off your grill ensures the quality of your products. Covering up allows your grill to survive the elements longer than without. With this method you should be able to have a long, healthy life with your AKORN® Auto-Kamado™.