Gravity 980 Brisket
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 8 Hrs
- 1 1 Whole Brisket (Flat And Point) Trimmed
- 2 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Kosher Salt
- 4 Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 5 Garlic Powder (Optional)
Ready to smoke your way through the pitmaster rite of passage? Smoking the perfect brisket has never been easier. Accomplish it all with the Gravity 980.
- Remove your brisket from the refrigerator, pat it dry and allow it to sit out for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a small bowl, combine your seasonings then thoroughly coat the exterior of the brisket with olive oil.
- Remove fire shutter from the Gravity 980, load the hopper, then preheat it to 225-250°F. Season the exterior of your brisket thoroughly with the seasoning mixture.
- Close the lid and allow it to smoke for 7-8 hours without opening the lid. After this point, you may optionally remove it from the smoker and wrap it in butcher paper or aluminum foil before returning it to the smoker.
- Cook until the brisket’s internal temperature has reached around 200-205°F and a nice dark bark has formed.
- Remove it from the smoker and allow it to rest 1 hour in the butcher paper or on a cutting board before slicing. Be sure to slice against the grain. Enjoy!