Fish N’ Bone Roasted Caribbean Red Snapper for Fish Tacos
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 2 (1-1.5 Lbs) Caribbean Red Snapper
- 2 2 Lemons
- 3 2 Limes
- 4 Favorite Fish Seasoning
- 5 1 Jalapeno
- 6 Marinade Recipe Cilantro, Lemon, Garlic, Onion & Jalapeno Marinade
- 7 2 Super Skewers
- 8 Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 9 Summertime Watermelon Salsa
- 10 Fogo Premium Lump Charcoal
Fish tacos can be done plenty of different ways, and this red snapper version doesn't disappoint. Char-Griller ambassador, James Llorens of Certified Creole BBQ, shares his Fish N' Bone Roasted Caribbean Red Snapper recipe for fish tacos.
- Score the red snapper on an angle to the bone 2-3 times on each side depending on the size of the fish. This allows seasonings to go into the fish and helps during the cooking process.
- Season all sides of the red snapper with your favorite fish & lemon garlic seasonings.
- Place the red snapper in a plastic bag or bowl and add the Cilantro, Lemon, Garlic, Onion & Jalapeno Marinade to the red snapper and mix thoroughly.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the fridge.
- Place the red snapper onto the Super Skewers with lemon slices, lime Slices and a jalapeno. Add some additional fish/lemon garlic seasonings.
- It’s now ready for the grill
Grilling/Roasting Directions: Grilling/Roasting Time: 20-25 minutes, internal temperature 145°
- Ignite your lump charcoal and preheat your grill to 400°
- Add the Super Skewers with the red snapper to the grill directly over the lump charcoal. No need to close your grill hood.
- Allow to roast over the open fire for 8-10 minutes and rotate it.
- Then allow the red snapper to cook to internal temperature 145° and remove from the grill and it’s ready for immediate eating.
- Tip: take the guesswork out and use the Char-Griller folding probe to easily see what temperature the red snapper is at.
- Warm up your favorite tortillas.
- Shred fish and add to the tortillas with your favorite salsa or use my Summertime Watermelon Salsa recipe.