Ultimate Stack Burger
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 16 Min
- 1 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 ¼ lb. bacon
- 3 4 slices Extra Sharp Cheddar
- 4 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 5 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 1 tomato, sliced
- 7 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 1-2 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 9 1-2 Tbsp. Steak BBQ rub
- 10 Hamburger dill pickle slices, optional
- 11 4 hamburger buns
- 12 Condiments of choice
- Place ground beef in large bowl and season with Steak BBQ rub, or your favorite rub and Worcestershire sauce. Mix all ingredients by hand until just blended.
- Form 1-inch thick patties and place on a wax paper lined tray. Place tray with patties in refrigerator and allow to chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Fry bacon in batches, if needed, in a pan to desired crispness according to package directions, drain grease and set aside.
- Place burgers from tray directly on the grill at 400°F for 8 minutes per side, with a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks.
- Flip burgers after 8 minutes, add bacon and top with cheese.
- Allow cheese to melt. Burgers are done when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let burgers rest for 3-5 minutes before building the burger.
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doins. Visit their website at datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!