The Ultimate Spatchcock Turkey
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 2 Sticks Of Butter
- 2 Fresh Rosemary
- 3 Fresh Thyme
- 4 Healthy Rican Sazon and Adobo
- 5 Tony Cachere's Creole Butter Injectable Marinade
- 6 Brine: 1 12-15 Pound Spatchcocked Turkey-Fresh or Fully Thawed, 6 Quarts Of Water, 10 Pounds Of Ice Cubes, 1 Head Of Garlic-Cut In Half, 3 Springs Of Fresh Rosemary, 1 Bunch Of Fresh Thyme, 1 tTbsp Whole Black Peppercorns
Char-Griller Ambassador, Brandon Carpenter, shares his Ultimate Spatchcock Turkey recipe: "This turkey is unbelievable! I made a Spatchcock Turkey on my Char-Griller Gravity 980 using B&B Charcoal Products lump charcoal and cherry wood chunks. I brined the bird for 48 hours and then I injected it with Tony Chachere's Creole Foods Creole Butter Injectable Marinade. I seasoned the outside of the bird with Healthy Rican Adobo and Sazon. This is the best turkey I have ever made!"
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. Add the salt and stir to dissolve. remove from the heat.
- Add the ice to completely cool the brine. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Place the turkey in a brining bucket and pour the completely cooled brine over the turkey. Make sure the bird is fully submerged. Add 4 cups of ice. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours, remove the turkey from the brine and place it on a rack set inside a baking pan or sheet. Place in the refrigerator uncovered at least 8 hours to let the skin dry up.
- Remove from the fridge and inject the turkey with the Creole Butter Marinade.
- Season the turkey generously on both sides with the Sazon and Adobo. You can substitute your favorite seasoning or rub.
- Heat your smoker or oven to 300 degrees. Cook the turkey breast side up for 1 hour.
- After one hour, baste the bird with the melted butter and raise the temperature to 375 degrees. Baste the bird every 30 minutes.
- When the breast reaches 160 degrees, remove from the smoker/oven.
- Let the turkey rest uncovered 25-30 minutes before slicing.