Texas Toast Tri-Tip Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 40 Min
- 1 Tri-Tip
- 2 Texas Toast
- 3 White Onions
- 4 Arugula
- 5 Sauce: Mayo, Sriracha, Worcestershire Sauce, Char-Griller Original AP Seasoning
- 6 Potatoes
If you're in the mood for a delicious sandwich, this Texas Toast Tri-Tip Sandwich is the answer. Caramelized onions, toasted Texas Toast, and grilled tri-tip combine to make the ultimate sandwich for anytime.
- Season your tri-tips with Char-Griller Steak Rub.
- We used our Duo5050 Grill and set up the charcoal side for 2 zone cooking.
- Slice your onions and toss them in a skillet to begin caramelizing. We used the propane side of the Duo5050 for this
- Grill the tri-tips over direct heat until a nice crust is developed
- From there move the tri-tips to the indirect side of the grill and allow it to come up to your desired temp.
- Make the sauce by combining mayo, Sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, and Char-Griller Original Rub
- Toast your buns/Texas toast and set aside
- Slice your tri tips after letting rest for 10 minutes
- Assemble the sandwich - Bun, Sauce, Arugula, Steak, Onions, more Sauce!
- Serve with grilled potato wedges and enjoy!