Teriyaki Glazed Salmon Nuggets
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 3 Hrs
- 1 3.5lbs of Salmon Filet
- 2 1 Cup of Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 4 1 Cup of Coarse Salt
- 5 2 TBSP of Garlic Powder
- 6 2 TBSP of Onion Powder
- 7 1 TBSP of Black Pepper
- 8 1 TSP of Cayenne Pepper
This Teriyaki Glazed Salmon Nuggets recipe makes for a delicious meal or snack. The dry brine on the salmon mixes perfectly with the teriyaki flavor, creating a sweet, savory, and smoky flavor that will have you wishing you made more.
- Begin by removing the skin from the salmon. Then wash the filets with cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- From there, cut them into Nugget sized bites before placing them into an aluminum container.
- Next, add a dry brine of the following, which was mixed prior, making sure to cover all sides of the salmon:
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Coarse Salt
- 2 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 2 TBSP Onion Powder
- 1 TBSP Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- Then cover the container and place it in the refrigerator overnight, for roughly 7-8 hours.
- The next morning, wash the salmon thoroughly with cold water to avoid an excessively salty end flavor.
- Then place them on a drying rack making sure to leave a bit of space between them. This allows for a nice pellicle surface to form before the smoke.
- From there, place the smoker at around 140°
- Allow the temperature to gradually build over the following 2 hours, ending up at around 200°
- Then top each nugget with a bit of Teriyaki and let that glaze over for another 30-45 minutes.
- Once the nuggets have begun to firm up on the outside, you'll know they are ready!