Tailgate Brats on the Flat Iron®
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 6 To 24 Brats
- 2 1 Jar Of Peppers In A Red Sauce
- 3 Sausage Rolls
- 4 Ultra Thin Provolone Cheese
With the crisp fall air creeping in, that means football season is right around the corner. Today, we are going to talk about my favorite tailgate food, brats, on the Char-Griller Flat Iron® Griddle. When I think about tailgate foods, I need something quick and easy that is delicious but can also feed a bunch of people and not take away from the time I want to be enjoying other folks around me. Today’s recipe hits all those points for me and even an added bonus of being my good luck meal every night before a BBQ competition. This is a simple recipe, so I hope you try it. If you do, make sure to let me know what you think of it or how you tweaked it to make it your own.
- Heat up the Char-Griller Flat Iron® Griddle until the oil begins to smoke, then back the heat down to halfway on the adjustment knob.
- Place the brats on the griddle in a line. As they heat, keep rolling them across the surface to brown all sides.
- As the brats are cooking, place a foil loaf pan on the griddle and fill it with half of the jar of peppers and sauce. You can add more or less peppers and sauce depending on personal preference.
- Once the brats have charred and blistered on the outside, remove them from the griddle.
- Open the sausage rolls and place them inside down on the griddle to toast them.
- After 1 minute, flip the sausage rolls over and fill them with a brat, peppers, and sauce, and top with two pieces of ultra-thin provolone cheese.
- Cover the rolls with a pan to help the cheese melt for a minute.
- Remove the rolls from the griddle and enjoy.