Sticky Asian Porkchops
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 45 Min
- 1 2 Thick Cut Pork Chops
- 2 1/2 Bottle Kosmos Q Sticky Asian Rib Glaze
- 3 2 Tbsp SPG rub
Steve Dotson of Cookout Coach: Hey everyone, one of my favorite things about live fire cooking is the ability to take a sometimes mundane dinner and really make it punch above its weight class and that’s what we’re gonna do today with these thick cut sticky Asian pork chops on the Char-Griller Gravity 980. It's not going to take much to take these to the next level. Some hickory lump charcoal, a solid reverse sear technique, and some flavors that you don't always use around the house. Like I’ve said before, one of the most fun parts about cooking outside is experimenting with different techniques, cuts of meat, and flavors and that is exactly what we’re about to do today. This turned out to be maybe my favorite pork chop recipe I’ve ever had and I can't wait to do it again! If you try it, let me know how it turns out for you.
- Bring the Gravity 980 up to 275 degrees
- Season each pork chop with 1 Tbsp of rub
- When the cooker is up to temp place the pork chops on the grate
- After 15 minutes flip the pork chops
- After an additional 15 minutes remove from the cooker and turn the cooker up to 650 degrees
- While the cooker is heating up coat one side of the pork chops with the Sticky Asian Rib Glaze
- Once the cooker hits 650 degrees place the chops back on the grates glaze side down and paint the tops with glaze.
- After one minute flip the chops and repaint the top with glaze
- Repeat step 8 until the chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees
- Cut and serve