Steak Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 70 Min
- 1 Chicken Wings, flats & drums: 28-30
- 2 Duck Fat Spray Oil: to taste
- 3 Char-Griller® Steak Rub: to taste
- 4 Kosher Salt: to taste
- 5 A1 Sauce: 10 oz.
- 6 Butter: 1/2 stick
- 7 Char-Griller® Drip Pan
- 8 Char-Griller® Smokin' Champ
- 9 Lump Charcoal
- 10 Smoking Wood: mango
Switch up chicken wing night with this Steak Chicken Wings recipe! Using steak seasoning on chicken wings adds a nice flavor and grilling them adds even more flavor!
- Rinse chicken wings with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Trim and remove access fat, skin, and hair.
- Place the wings in the drip pan.
- Apply coating of duck fat cooking spray oil to all sides of chicken wings.
- Add Char-Griller® Steak Rub to the chicken wings. Season to taste.
- Heat up the grill with lump charcoal to 400° with one to two pieces of smoking wood on top of the cooking grate over the fire.
- Place the chicken wings in the grill opposite side of the fire.
- Flip wings every 10 minutes.
- Warm the A1 sauce in a pan with butter and Steak Rub.
- Cook the chicken wings to internal temperature of 165°.
- Remove the wings from the drip pan and grill over hot charcoal for a few minutes to char.
- Then place the wings into the dip pan and pour the buttery A1 steak sauce onto the wings and place them back in the grill for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!