Smokin’ Champ Smoked Beef Back Ribs
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 5-6 Hrs
- 1 2 Beef Back Ribs
- 2 Mustard
- 3 Fogo Charcoal The Rub
- 4 Foil
- 5 Apple Juice For Spritzer and Wrap With.
- 6 Char-Griller Grills Smokin’ Champ 1624 & Drip Pan
- 7 Fogo Quebracho Lump Charcoal
While the take a little more time than traditional pork ribs, Certified Creole BBQ's Beef Back Ribs are truly something to behold and he shared his recipe!
- Trim any fat and silver skin from the top and bottom of the Beef Back Ribs.
- Apply even coating of mustard to the top and bottom.
- Season the top and bottom of the meat with Fogo Charcoal The Rub. Tip: Allow ribs to get to room temperature prior to smoking. This allows the seasonings to sweat and absorb into the meat and the meat will begin to smoke faster.
- Prep your Char-Griller Grill Smokin’ Champ 1624 with drip pan filled with water.
- Fire up your Char-Griller Grill Smokin’ Champ 1624 to temperature 250°: used Fogo Quebracho Lump Charcoal & Mesquite Mini Wood Logs. • Spritz with apple juice every hour minutes during the smoking process and rotate the ribs each time.
- Place ribs in your Char-Griller Grill Smokin’ Champ 1624 and smoke until internal temperature 170° is met, roughly takes 3-4 hours. Tip: remember to use your Char-Griller Grills folding probe to take the guess work out your cooking.
- Wrap with foil and apple juice once internal temperature 170° is met.
- Place back in the Char-Griller Grill Smokin’ Champ 1624 and cook until internal temperature 199° is met, roughly takes 1 hour 30 minutes to get from internal temperature 170° to internal temperature 199°
- Remove from the smoker and allow to rest in a cooler covered with a towel/blanket for 1-2hours. • Remove, slice and enjoy!