Smoked Pot Roast Sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 8 oz of pepperoncini peppers and juice
- 2 1 1 oz packet of Ranch Dressing mix
- 3 1 1 oz packet of Aus Jus Gravy mix
- 4 8 oz Provolone Cheese
- 5 1 Loaf French bread
- 6 1 2.5 Pound Chuck Roast
- 7 2 Oz Melted Butter
- 8 4 Cups Water
- 9 Salt & Black Pepper
- 10 Parsley Flakes
- 11 Garlic Powder
Smoked Pot Roast Sandwiches are a favorite for most people because they're tender, juicy and delicious.
- Heat your smoker to 250 degrees.
- I used lump charcoal and apple wood chunks for a mild smoke flavor.
- Season the chuck roast on both sides with salt and pepper. When the smoker gets to 250 degrees, place the roast on the main rack and smoke at 250 for one hour. After one hour, add the water, peppers, ranch and Aus Jus Gravy Mix to a Dutch oven.
- Mix all the ingredients together and cover with the lid. Add the Dutch oven to the smoker and continue smoking the roast for another hour.
- After an hour has passed, place the roast in the Dutch oven.
- Set the smoker for 275 degrees and cook for an additional three hours. A
- After three hours, check the roast-it should pull apart easily. Cook the roast longer if needed. Let the roast cool for 15 minutes and shred the meat.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Add a pinch of garlic powder and parsley flakes to the melted butter and mix well.
- Brush the butter onto the top side of the bread. Add the cheese to the bottom half of the bread and place both halves in the oven. Remove the bread when the cheese is melted and bubbly. Add the shredded roast and plenty of the gravy to the bread on top of the cheese.
- Add the top of the bread and cut into individual sandwiches.