Smoked Pimento Cheese Spread
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 2 to 4 Hrs
- 1 1 Pound Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Block of Cheese)
- 2 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3 1 Cup Sour Cream (Extra if making Spider Web Garnish)
- 4 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 5 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 6 1/2 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 7 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 8 1 Jalapeno Pepper, Diced
- 9 8 oz Jar Diced Pimentos, Drained
- 10 Salt and Pepper to Taste
We took a Southern Classic and gave it a smoky twist. This Pimento Cheese Spread recipe has cheese that was cold smoked on the Char-Griller Super Pro with Mesquite wood chips and is great for a party! Add a spiderweb design for a spooky touch for your Halloween Party!
1. Prepare grill for indirect smoking. Light between 4 to 6 briquettes or about a quarter chimney starter of lump charcoal.
2. Add fully ashed over charcoal to one side of the grill and place a handful of soaked wood chips on the coals.
3. Close the lid and close all the dampers almost all the way.
4. You want the temperature to be as low as possible,
5. Place the blocks of cheese on a wire rack.
6. Fill a drop pan with ice and place the rack on top of the pan filled with ice.
7. Place the pan and the rack with the cheese on the grill on the opposite side of the charcoal.
8. Add more wood chips when needed to maintain smoke.
9. Remove cheese from grill after 2 to 4 hours depending on desired level of smoke.
10. Grate cheese and add to large bowl.
11. Combine cheese with cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeños, pimentos, and all spices. Mix well.
12. Transfer to serving bowl.
13. To make it spooky, place some sour cream in a plastic bag and cut off the tip of the bag. Use the bag and sour cream to create a spider web design on top of cheese spread.
15. Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies.