Smoked n’ Seared Cowboy Steak Dinner
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 117 Min
- 1 Cowboy Steak/Bone in Ribeye: 2-3pounds
- 2 Brazilian Salt: to taste
- 3 Favorite Beef Rub: used Sniffin Griffins BBQ Beef Rub
- 4 Asparagus: small bunch
- 5 Baked Potatoes: 5
- 6 Melted Fresh Garlic Parley Butter: to taste (Go To CharGriller.com For Recipe)
- 7 Char-Griller Grills Competition Pro 8125: Smoking
- 8 Char-Griller Grills Ceramic Akorn
- 9 Char-Griller Grills Folding Probe
- 10 Fogo Eucalyptus Lump Charcoal with Mesquite & Post Oak Smoking Wood.
- 11 Disposable Gloves: Golden Protective Services Green Diesel Gloves
Looking for an epic Christmas dinner? This Smoked and Seared Cowboy Steak will not only feed a crowd, it will also make for a pretty impressive dinner centerpiece! Learn how to make it via this Cowboy Steak Recipe.
- Fire up your Char-Griller Grills Competition Pro 8125 to 250° & fire up your Char-Griller Grills Ceramic AKORN piping hot to 698°.
- Season/Rub the Cowboy Steak/Bone in Ribeye: coat all sides with olive oil and season/rub with your favorite beef rub and Brazilian Salt on all sides. -Tip: coat the bone with olive oil as well to help protect it while cooking, avoid putting the seasoning/rub and salt on the bone.
- Season the asparagus with olive and your favorite seasoning/rub and place in the AKORN to cook while the Steak is Smoking.
- Rinse, pat dry and Polk holes in the bake potatoes and cover them with foil and place them in the AKORN to cook while the Steak is Smoking.
- Place the Cowboy Steak/Bone in Ribeye in the Smoker. Smoke to your desired internal temperature: I smoked mine to internal temperature 130°, took 90 minutes. -Tip: use the Char-Griller Grills Folding Probe to take the guessing out of getting to your desired internal temperature.
- When your desired internal temperature is met. Remove the Cowboy Steak/Bone in Ribeye from the Smoker.
- Lather up all sides of the Cowboy Steak/Bone in Ribeye with the melted fresh garlic parsley butter and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before searing.
- Sear the Cowboy Steak/Bone in Ribeye in the grill doing the 10 – 2 searing method: 3 minutes on each turn. 6 minutes total on each side. 12 minutes total to sear.
- Remove from the grill and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Load up the baked potatoes with your favorite toppings.
- Serve the Cowboy Steak/Bone in Ribeye with the asparagus, loaded baked potato and enjoy