Smoked Mexican Burgers
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 40-45 Min
- 1 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 ½ lb. Chorizo or spicy Italian sausage
- 3 Jalapeños or Poblano peppers, halved, cored and seeded
- 4 Sriracha or Chipotle aioli sauce
- 5 Cheese slices
- 6 Condiments of choice
- 7 Hamburger buns
- 8 Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat grill to 225°F and set up for indirect heat, with charcoal to one side.
2. Combine ground beef and Chorizo or spicy Italian sausage together in a large bowl and mix by hand until just blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Form 1” thick patties and place on the indirect side of the grill, away from the heat source. Smoke until internal temperature reaches 130°F. Add peppers alongside the burgers and smoke for 40-45 minutes.
4. Increase heat to 400°F. Remove the peppers from the grill and set aside. When grill is at temperature, transfer burgers to the direct heat side. Sear for 6 minutes per side with a quarter turn halfway through.
5. Add cheese and allow to melt, 2-3 minutes. Burgers are done when internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Place cheese burger on bun, add peppers and sauce. Top with condiments of choice.
Serve and enjoy!