Smoked Mac and Cheese
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 1-2 Hrs
- 1 6 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 1/3 Cup of Flour
- 3 3 Cups of Milk
- 4 6 Cups of Shredded Cheese of your choice
- 5 Kosher Salt
- 6 Black Pepper
- 7 2 Tsp of Paprika
- 8 4 Cups of Elbows, Macaroni, cooked
- 9 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
It’s no doubt that Mac and Cheese is one of the best comfort foods, but have you REALLY enjoyed it until you’ve had the smoked rendition? The answer is no. Give it a try with this Smoked Mac and Cheese recipe!
- Preheat the smoker to 225-250°F.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat on your stove. Add butter and allow it to thoroughly melt. Whisk in the flour until bubbly and thoroughly combined.
- After 2-3 min, pour in the milk stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add 4 of the 6 cups of cheese, stirring until thoroughly combined and melted.
- Mix in the seasonings then add elbows to the cheese sauce.
- Once thoroughly combined, sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese over the top.
- Place the skillet into your smoker and allow it to cook uninterrupted for 1-2 hours depending on how intense you’d like the smoky flavor.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes then serve immediately. Enjoy!