Smoked Corned Beef
- 1 3-5 Lb Corned Beef Brisket
- 2 1 Tbsp of Onion Powder
- 3 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 4 2 Tbsp of Paprika
- 5 2 Tbsp of Coriander Powder
- 6 2 Tbsp of Black Pepper
- 7 3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
Aside from a savory companion for cabbage, corned beef can be prepared in the smoker just like a brisket for deep flavor that can shine on its own. We show you exactly what we mean in this Smoked Corned Beef recipe!
- Place corned beef brisket in a bowl covered with water. Refrigerate overnight,
- Preheat the smoker between 250-275 degrees by adding desired coals and/or wood to the Side Fire Box.
- If you do not own a Side Fire Box, no problem! To accomplish the same effect, simply arrange coals and/or wood opposite your cooking area. If you want to place your brisket on the right side of the grates, then arrange coals/wood on the left side, etc.
- Add desired wood chips to the smoker.
- Combine seasonings and spices in a bowl to create rub
- Remove the meat from the water and use paper towels to pat dry.
- Prepare meat by trimming excess fat if you desire.
- Coat the meat all over with the rub.
- Place meat in the smoker until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.(2-3 hours)
- Wrap the meat in butcher paper or aluminum foil and return to the smoker until the internal temperature reaches 195 degrees. (2-3 hours)
- Allow the meat the rest for a minimum of 30 minutes before slicing
- Serve warm, enjoy!