Smoked Blueberry Crisp
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 45 Min
- 1 Blueberries - 5 Cups
- 2 Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- 3 Ground Ginger - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 4 Brown Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- 5 Flour - 1/2 Cup
- 6 Rolled Oats - 3/4 Cup
- 7 Cinnamon - 1 Tablespoon
- 8 Melted Butter - 1/2 Cup
We absolutely love fresh fruit in the summertime, and this recipe is the perfect way to showcase one of our favorite fruits... blueberries!! The crunchy top layer followed by the juicy blueberries is sure to have you drooling!
1. To begin, put your blueberries into a half size foil pan and spread them out evenly.
2. Mix your sugar and ground ginger and evenly coat all the blueberries.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients together and distribute evenly over the top of the blueberries.
4. Bring your AKORN Kamado up to 375 degrees with a chunk of cherry wood for smoke and the Smokin' Stone in place to set up for indirect cooking.
5. Once the smoke is a clean smoke, that is thin and blue, place your half steamer pan on the AKORN for forty minutes. After forty minutes remove from AKORN, let cool and enjoy.