Smoked Apple Crumb Pie
Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time: 75 Min
- 1 Frozen Pie Crust
- 2 1 Cup Flour
- 3 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 4 Lemon Juice - 1/2 Tbs
- 5 Lemon Zest - 1/3 tsp
- 6 Cinnamon - 1 tsp
- 7 Nutmeg - 1/8 tsp
- 8 Flour - 3 Tbs (Topping)
- 9 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 10 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 11 1/2 Cup Oats
- 12 Bag of Apples
- 13 Stick of Butter
Does anything say fall and home cooking better than Apple Pie? This pie features a sweet and crumbly topping and it is baked on the AKORN grill. Added apple wood chunks give the pie a uniquely smoky flavor that takes it to the next level.
1. Add Smokin’ Stone to AKORN, add chunks of Applewood, and preheat grill to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, oats and butter. Mix with fork to make topping.
3. Peel, core and slice apples into thin slices.
4. Toss apples with sugar, lemon juice and zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour.
5. Layer apples in pie shell and pour juice over apples.
6. Put crumb topping on top of apples.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.