Recipe:Skirt Steak Gyros
- - 1 lb. skirt steak
- - 1/3 C. olive oil
- - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 Tsp. dried mint (optional)
- - 1 Tsp. dried oregano
- - ½ Tsp. paprika
- - 1 Tsp. salt
- - 1 Tsp. pepper
- - ½ C. Greek yogurt
- - 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- - 1 onion, sliced
- - 1 tomato, chopped
- - 4 pc. Pita bread
- - 1 bunch watercress, rinsed and roughly chopped
1. Pre-heat grill to 375°F. Whisk the olive oil, garlic, mint (if using), oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl to make marinade.
2. Transfer 1 Tbsp. of the marinade to a small bowl; mix in the yogurt and 2 Tbsp. water to make yogurt sauce.
3. Add bell pepper and onion to bowl with remaining marinade and toss; transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. Add steak to bowl and toss.
4. Arrange bell pepper, onion and steak on the grill at 375°F. Grill vegetables for 4 minutes per side, turning once, until lightly charred. Sear steak for 4-8 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Grill the pitas until marked, about 1 minute per side.
To serve, slice the steak against the grain. Fill the pitas with the steak, grilled vegetables, tomato and watercress. Drizzle with the yogurt sauce.