Skillet Corn Bread
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 1¼ C. coarsely ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 ¾ C. all-purpose flour
- 3 ¼ C. granulated sugar
- 4 1 stick unsalted butter, melted (reserve 1 Tbsp.)
- 5 2 Tsp. baking powder
- 6 ½ Tsp. baking soda
- 7 1/3 C. whole milk
- 8 1 C. buttermilk
- 9 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 1 Tsp. salt
Corn Bread is a southern classic comfort food. Be sure to try out our take on corn bread!
1. Pre-heat grill to 375° F and place a cast iron skillet inside to heat while making the batter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in the milk, buttermilk, 7 Tbsp. melted butter and eggs.
3. Carefully remove the hot skillet from the grill. Coat the bottom and sides of the hot skillet with remaining butter.
4. Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes and serve. Top with honey or melted butter, if desired.