Shrimp ‘n Grits
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20-25 Min
- 1 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ½ lb. andouille sausage
- 3 1 C. stone-ground yellow grits
- 4 3 Tbsp. butter
- 5 4 C. water
- 6 2 C. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 7 4 Tsp. lemon juice
- 8 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 9 1 C. scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 11 Olive oil
- 12 Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat grill to 375°F. Bring water to a boil and add salt and pepper, to taste. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20- 25 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in butter and cheese.
2. While grits are cooking, place sausages on the indirect side of the grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked. Sausage is done when internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove from grill, allow to cool and roughly chop.
3. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towel. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes on each side, until opaque.
4. Remove shrimp from grill and toss with parsley, lemon juice, scallions and garlic.
To serve, spoon grits into bowls, top with chopped andouille sausage, and place shrimp on top of sausage. Garnish with more scallions and enjoy!