Shrimp 'n Grits
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20-25 Min
- 1 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Original All-Purpose BBQ rub, to taste, or preferred rub
- 3 ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ½ onion, chopped
- 5 Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 6 4 C. water
- 7 1 Tsp. salt
- 8 1 C. stone-ground grits
- 9 2-3 Tbsp. butter
- 10 4 oz. heavy cream
- 11 2 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 12 Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat grill to 375°F. Bring water to a boil, add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20- 25 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in butter, cheese and heavy cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste and stir. Set aside.
2. While grits are cooking, melt butter in skillet and sauté red pepper and onions until soft, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add shrimp and season with Original All-Purpose BBQ Rub and cook for 3-5 minutes, until opaque and fully cooked. Add cilantro and salt and pepper, to taste and stir to combine.
To serve, spoon grits into bowls and top with shrimp and red pepper mixture. Garnish with more cilantro and enjoy!