Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Grilled Cheese
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 8 Slices Of Thick Sourdough Bread
- 2 1 Cup Roasted Butternut Squash (Peeled And Sliced Thinly)
- 3 1 Large Apple (Sliced Thinly)
- 4 1 1/2 Cups Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 5 1/3 Cup Walnut Pesto
- 6 2 T butter
Aubrey Johansen, @thatswhatsheeats, shares her Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Grilled Cheese recipe.
It’s fall, and while the weather isn’t breaking much here in Florida, I’ve got fall flavors on my mind. The perfect way to enjoy a crisp evening is outside cooking dinner, in my opinion! I’ve got the Char-Griller Flat Iron Griddle seasoned up and ready to go- so let’s make this loaded sandwich. Bonus points if you have soup ready for dunking, let’s dig in!
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and the thinly sliced pieces of squash and apple. Bake for 25-30 minutes until softened. While you wait, shred your cheese! Hand grated is best because it’ll melt way better than store-bought shredded. Trust me!
2. Preheat Flat Iron Griddle to medium-high heat and let your butter melt. Arrange the slices of bread on the griddle, while scooping each piece through the butter to get the outsides coated.
3. Add a generous sprinkle of the white cheddar, then add your thinly sliced squash and apples. Let the pieces hang out for 5ish minutes, letting the cheese get melty, and the fillings get warm.
4. Layer the pieces of bread up and form sandwiches. Serve with your favorite soup and get to dunking!