Reverse Seared Steak
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 5 Min
- 1 4 Beef Steaks (Strips, Ribeyes, etc.)
- 2 1/4 Cup of Butter
- 3 Kosher Salt
- 4 Ground Black Pepper
- 5 Char-Griller Steak Rub
A backyard-BBQ specialty, utilize your barrel grill to make the perfect reverse seared steaks, for simple, delicious results every time.
- Prepare your grill for two-zone cooking, half with direct heat, half with no heat.
- Season your steaks with the salt, pepper and steak rub, massaging well into the meat.
- Place your steaks on the indirect side of the grill, closing the lid and cooking at about 225°F for about an hour to desired doneness with 110° being rare and 150° being well done.
- Once they reach desired temperature, brush both sides of your steaks with butter before moving to the direct side and searing over high heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and allow the steaks to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!