Reverse Sear Ribeye
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 (2) 1½” thick Ribeye steaks
- 2 Steak BBQ rub, or preferred seasoning, to taste
- 3 Salt and pepper, to taste
- Allow steaks to come to room temperature, then rinse and pat dry with paper towel. Season steaks generously with Steak BBQ rub or preferred seasoning on both sides. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Place on the grill to smoke at 170°F for an hour; pull steaks off and set aside to rest.
- While steaks are resting, increase grill temperature to 400°F.
Place steaks back on the grill and sear at 400°F for 5 minutes per side, with a quarter turn at 2½ minutes for good sear marks. Steaks are done when the meat reaches an internal temperature of 140°-145°F for medium-rare.
Note: The steak's internal temperature will continue to increase by 5-10 degrees after you pull it off the grill.
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doins. Visit their website at datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!