Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Wings on the AKORN® Auto-Kamado™
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 30-40 Min
- 1 Chicken Wings
- 2 Favorite Rub(s)
- 3 Canola Oil (your choice of preferred oil)
- 4 Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 5 Spray Butter
Are you tired of the standard wing flavors and wanting to try something new? Look no further than this Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Wings recipe. Fruity, spicy, savory, and smoky, this recipe has it all.
- Spray wings with oil.
- Cover wings with rub(s).
Starting your Grill
- Open the lid, remove the cooking grates and heat deflector.
- Stack Charcoal into a pyramid in the center of the fire grate. For indirect heat at 350°F, you'll need 2-3 lbs. of fuel. Place the fire starter at the top of the pile between two pieces of charcoal for top ignition. Note: Fire starter can have significant impact on reaching set temperature and how much charcoal is activated. Using more fire starters will increase the speed in reaching desired temperature, but also results in more charcoal being activated which can make it difficult to control temperatures.
- Open the fan cover.
- Without changing the placement from Step 2, ignite the fire starter. Leave the lid open and allow 3-5 minutes for the fire starter to begin igniting the coals.
- Place the heat deflector for indirect heat cooking. Reinsert grates, close the lid and ensure the power cord is securely plugged into a GFCI Outlet.
- Press the Power button for one second to turn on the controller.
- Press the Grill Temperature button, turn dial to 350°F, and press dial to select.
- The controller will display a suggested damper setting for 5 seconds, adjust as needed. Once temperature is set the fan will begin working to automatically controlling your grill temperature.
- It will take approximately 20-30 minutes for the grill to reach your desired temperature. Once temperature is reached, you are ready to cook.
- Place in smoker/grill for 20 minutes.
- Spray both sides of the wings with butter.
- Continue smoking/grilling for 15 mins.
- Coat both sides with BBQ sauce.
- Continue smoking/grilling for 5 additional minutes.
- Remove from the smoker/grill, let rest for 5 mins and enjoy!