Pork Chops with Rosemary Infused Apples
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 50 Min
- 1 Two 1Lb Pork Chops
- 2 2 Honey Crisp Apples (Diced)
- 3 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 4 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 5 1/2 Tablespoon Butter
- 6 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 7 Salt & Pepper or your favorite Pork Rub
Pork Chops with Rosemary Infused Apples is a quick, easy, and delicious meal that is sure to be a family favorite. This recipe pairs juicy pork and apples sautéed with fragrant rosemary.
1. Remove pork chops from the packaging and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Season your pork chops with your favorite pork rub or a simple salt & pepper rub. Place the pork chops in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. While the pork chops are marinating, prepare your AKORN or AKORN Jr. with two heat zones. We will cook these over indirect heat and finish over a hot, direct flame.
4. Place your pork chops over indirect heat until they reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees. This will take about 30 minutes and gives you the perfect amount of time to start the apples.
5. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Toss in both rosemary sprigs and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and remove rosemary.
7. Once your pork chops have hit 140 degrees, transfer them over to direct heat. Sear until you reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
8. Slice and top with the Rosemary Infused Apples. Enjoy!